Answered By: Dana Clark
Last Updated: Feb 27, 2017     Views: 47

What are KSC's policies for Lending to other libraries?

Keene State College
Mason Library, Interlibrary Loan
229 Main Street
Keene, NH US 03435-3201

Phone 603-358-2715, FAX 603-358-2743
Usual ILL hours: Mon-Fri 8-4:30.

Library website:  

As part of its core value of access to information, Keene State College Mason Library believes in free lending between libraries. We lend to all types of libraries and schools.
Keene State College is a member of Libraries Very Interested in Sharing (explained here LVIS) and
New Hampshire College & University Council (NHCUC)

Requesting: Acceptable methods of requesting are OCLC ILL (preferred) or ILLiad.
Requests for items in our catalog but not in NHU-PAC are accepted.
No reservations can be made for items currently checked out.

KSC ILL lends: books, VHS video recordings, audiobooks and educational DVDs (no feature film DVDs)

Delivery: Loans are sent via NHSL or NHCUC van, or mail. Loans should be returned via NHCUC van or mail.
Loans are usually processed within 2 business days. Borrower is responsible for safe return of loans. Lost or damaged items are invoiced.

NON-circulating: Reference, Periodicals, Newspapers, Microform, Pop-up Books, site licensed media, Special Collections/Archives, feature film DVDs, Children’s Literature Festival, some Cohen Center for Holocaust & Genocide Studies (Holocaust Studies) DVDs, CML Kits

Loan Period:   6 Weeks for most items

Renewal Period: 30 days renewal if not on Hold for our patron
No renewal for Audiovisuals. Requests for renewals are best done through OCLC or ILLiad, but e-mail is accepted.

COPIES: Copies are processed within 2 business days and sent electronically via Odyssey or OCLC Article Exchange e-mail. If requested they may be sent via ground mail or FAX, but will then have no color. We can copy from most print periodicals and may be able to copy part of a non-circulating print book.

ILL will copy up to about 30 pages from main collection books, reference, periodicals, microform, newspaper, eJournals where our license allows, and some Special Collection/Archives. Borrower is responsible for Copyright compliance.

We follow the Interlibrary Loan Code of the US as described by the American Library Association here.

Also see How does my library borrow from Keene State College?