Answered By: Dana Clark
Last Updated: Mar 02, 2017     Views: 10

How do I place a hold?

If the Keene Public Library or Keene State College item you want is checked out, we can hold it for you when it is returned. You can place a hold on any circulating item at Keene Public Library or Keene State College.

Call the library at (603) 358-2711 or request the item online.

To request an item online:

Search the Library Catalog


When you find the item you want, click on the Place a Hold button

NOTE: Titles with a status of "on order" may be placed on hold, but you will need to call the library in order to do so.

On the Request Verification screen, type in your Last Name and KSC ID, select a pickup location, and the date to cancel the hold if it has not yet been filled.


Next, click on Request Selected Item

A confirmation screen should note that your request was successful.

You will be notified by email when the item is available for you, and it will be held for you for one week.