Q. Inserting Content into Pages: Copying/pasting from a Microsoft Word Document
Answered By: Dana Clark Last Updated: Feb 07, 2017 Views: 7
Inserting Content into Pages: Copying/pasting from a Microsoft Word Document
When you bring content into a Page in Canvas from a Microsoft Word document, you will need to ensure that any text formatting that came over, is removed. You can use the Rich Canvas Editor in Canvas to format text you brought in from Microsoft Word.
1. Click Edit Page.
2. Copy the text you want to add to the page (from your Word document) and paste it into the Page.
3. Highlight the text with your cursor.
4. Click on the Remove Formatting icon in the Rich Text Editor.
5. Click Save Changes. This will properly clean up your content and ensure that all formatting is removed.
Here's a few keyboard shortcuts you can use:
- Normal copy and paste on a PC: Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V
- Copy and paste-without-formatting on a PC: Ctrl-C, Ctrl-Shift-V
- Normal copy and paste on a Mac: Cmd-C, Cmd-V
- Copy and paste-without-formatting on a Mac: Cmd-C, Cmd-Opt-Shift-V
For more information on removing text formatting in a Page, go to: