Q. How do I link to or embed a Kanopy video into my Canvas course?
Answered By: Wendy Petschik Last Updated: Feb 07, 2017 Views: 2
How do I link to or embed a Kanopy video into my Canvas course?
Yes, you can link to Kanopy videos from canvas pages – even as part of an assignment by using the link on the video’s page and pasting it into the Canvas page.
- Go to the Kanopy video you want to link to
- Below the video, click the “Share” button
- Copy the Share link and paste it into the Canvas page.
You can also embed Kanopy videos into Canvas pages. This is a bit more elegant, but takes a bit more work. Here’s the process.
- I suggest setting up the new Canvas page first
- Then, as above, go to the Kanopy video you want to embed into a Canvas page.
- Below the video click the Share button
- Click the Embed tab
- Copy the couple lines of html code, starting with: <iframe and ending with </iframe>
- Go to the Canvas page into which you want to embed the video.
- Click Edit
- Click the link to the HTML Editor (the link is a toggle, so when you click it, it will then say “Rich Content Editor.”)
- Paste the lines of code you copied into the Canvas Editor
- Click the Toggle to get back to the Rich Content Editor
- You will see a gray box in the editor – that is normal. It is a placeholder for the streaming video on the page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save (or, Save & Publish).
- You’ll see the video right there embedded in the page. Click on the > to play it. It has the regular video controls at the bottom of the video (you may need to run your mouse over the video to make the controls appear).
View an embedded a video in a Canvas page: https://keene.instructure.com/courses/225656/pages/kanopy-embed-test-page