Q. How do I embed a Kaltura (My Media) video on a Canvas page (or assignment, or anywhere there is a text editor)?
Answered By: Michael Nieckoski Last Updated: Feb 07, 2017 Views: 7
Answered By: Michael Nieckoski
Last Updated: Feb 07, 2017 Views: 7
How do I embed a Kaltura (My Media) video on a Canvas page (or assignment, or anywhere there is a text editor)?
You can embed Kaltura videos from your MyMedia/Media Gallery
- Go to your MyMedia and click on the video you want to share.
- Click on the Share button below/left of the video.
- Copy the embed code displayed. Be sure to get it all… it starts
with: <iframe id="…."> And ends with: </iframe>
- Create a new assignment, page, or other location you want to embed the video .
- Name the page
- Just above the text editor, on the right is the link: “HTML Editor” click on this link. (You’ll see that the link has changed to, “Rich Content Editor.”)
- If you have not yet put anything in the text editor, the editor will be blank
- Paste in the embed code that you copied.
- Click on the Rich Content Editor link (it will change to HTML Editor)
- You will not see the video yet, you’ll see a gray box with a film icon in the middle
- Click the SAVE button at the bottom… You’ll then see your video embedded in the Canvas page